Apache ACE is a software distribution framework that allows you to centrally manage and distribute software components, configuration data and other artifacts to target systems. ACE started incubation on April 24th 2009.
There are currently no issues requiring board or Incubator PMC attention.
- Toni Menzel accepted our invitation to become a committer, after considerable contributions since the start of ACE which include support for launching using Pax Runner, various patches and the migration to Maven.
- Brian Topping accepted our invitation to become a committer, after learning about ACE at ApacheCon US 2009. Brian is helping out with the migration to Maven.
- Jean-Baptiste Onofré accepted our invitation to become a committer, after approaching us to work together on integrating ACE with AutoDeploy/Kalumet. He has since also helped out with the migration to Maven.
- Marcel Offermans presented ACE at the ApacheCon US 2009 as part of the OSGi track
- Migrating from an Ant based build to Maven. Current trunk holds both builds.
Currently its about aligning the Maven output with their Ant originals. After that, the ant project will be moved out/removed. (Overview: ACE-62)
- CI build is going to be moved to the Hudson grid. (see ACE-71). Awaiting account creation in INFRA-2419.
- Agreed on new terminology for some of the core concepts in ACE after Carsten started a broad discussion about them.
Licensing and other issues
- None at the moment.
Things to resolve prior to graduation
- Make a release
- Grow the community some more
Signed off by mentor: ...