Submitted to board@ September, 17th 2010
Sling is an OSGI-based scriptable web framework that uses a Java Content Repository, such as Apache Jackrabbit, to store and manage content.
Sling graduated as a TLP on June 17th, 2009.
There are no issues which require board attention at the moment.
- This period showed strong activity towards the release of the Sling 6 distributable. This shows in a number of bugs being fixed and new functionality being added.
- Added Justin Edelson to the PMC (2010/08/26)
- Federico Paparoni successfully completed his GSoC project, creating a mini-CMS that will be useful as a substantial example application.
- Added Clemens Wyss as a committer (2010/09/17)
- 2010/08/03 Adapter Manager 2.0.6, Engine 2.1.0, Settings 1.0.0
- 2010/08/21 Sling API 2.1.0
- 2010/08/25 Web Console Branding 1.0.0, Web Console Security Provider 1.0.0
- 2010/08/27 Authentication Core 1.0.0, Authentication Form 1.0.0, Authentication OpenID 1.0.0, Authentication Selector 1.0.0
- 2010/08/27 Authentication Core 1.0.2
- 2010/08/30 Commons ClassLoader 1.2.0, JCR ClassLoader 3.1.2
- 2010/09/06 Eventing 2.4.0, Commons Threads 3.0.2
- 2010/09/10 JCR API, JCR Base, JCR Content Loader, and Jackrabbit Server 2.1.0
- Added two non-committer documentation contributors (Jean-Christophe Kautzmann and Alison Heimoz)
- Website documentation is steadily improving including the creation of targeted templates like http://sling.apache.org/site/how-to-manage-events-in-sling.html
Licensing and other issues