This Confluence has been LDAP enabled, if you are an ASF Committer, please use your LDAP Credentials to login. Any problems file an INFRA jira ticket please.

Child pages
  • Architecture Meeting And Agenda
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 16 Next »

Architecture Meeting

Meeting Time

Please use #apache-wink on irc.freenode.net, our IRC channel. 9 AM Eastern Time on June 23, 2009 is the proposed meeting time.

Agenda

Here are the primary things we want to discuss:

  • Short term goals
    1. JAX-RS 1.0 compliance
    2. What are the absolutely required features beyond this?
  • Choosing a runtime architecture
  • Required plug points into runtime
    1. Handlers - an ability to add user handlers; change system handlers (?)
    2. Extensible Metadata - an ability to collect the custom meta-data (e.g. custom annotations), this can be also achieved by using handlers
    3. Extensible Lifecycle Manager - define custom scopes, use spring scopes when integrating with Spring
    4. Extensible Custom field/parameters injection - can be used with custom annotations
  • Third party dependencies - should we grow our own APP/ATOM/JSON/OpenSearch etc. support or use existing implementations like Abdera?
  • How to modularize
  • Configurability - ability to control different runtime features and properties.
  • Client API
  • Long term goals
    1. Spring integration
    2. Support of additional endpoints
    3. What are some goals that may take longer than the next few weeks to do?

Things that may be discussed:

  • Submitting an Eclipse/(Other IDE) code style template
  • I don't know if it's the Apache Way or not but commit before review until we get close to declaring a release?

Discussions moved to mailing list:

  • Testing
    1. How to do unit tests (which Mock Object framework?)
    2. How to do integration tests

Minutes

A copy of the discussion is available here wink-dev.architecturechat.2009.06.22.log

Actions

Person

Action

Date By

Status

Martin

Post vote to wink-dev for selecting HP as source base.

ASAP

complete

Michael

Copy HP source to sandbox created by Dims

end of week

complete

  • No labels