These are the notes for the Struts 2.0.6 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Release Notes 2.0.5
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
- WW-1711 The select tag works properly with non-string values.
- WW-1731 The Code Behind and Spring plugins are included in the distribution.
Backward compatibility issues with prior development release
- The experimental "new API" has been removed, in favor of continued research in the 2.1.x series.
- The home page for the Core Guide was been reorganized.
- Several "missing" pages on extending the framework have been identified, and are listed on the Contributors Guide page, awaiting volunteers.
- The OGNL dependency is advanced to version 2.6.11.
- The XWork dependency is advanced to version 2.0.1.
- The Codebehind and Spring plugin JARs are now bundled with the distribution, as originally intended.
- In the documentation, several references to code "snippets" in the Interceptor area have been fixed.
Experimental Features and Plugins
Please help us test these brave new features. Feedback appreciated!
- Java 1.4 support: We are backporting the core Struts and XWork JARs, and, as a courtesy, bundling them with the distribution. However, Struts 2 is being coded for Java 5 and backward compatibility is not assured.
- Portlets: Automatic portlet support allows portal and servlet deployments with no code changes (WW-1645@S2jira).
- AJAX Theme: AJAX tags look and feel just like standard Struts tags but provide greater interactivity and flexibility. The AJAX theme is backed by the popular Dojo Toolkit (WW-1609).
- Zero Configuration: Optionally, eliminate or reduce XML configuration with convention and annotation (WW-1491).
- REST-ful URLs: Use search-engine friendly URLs, like category/action/movie/Thrillers (WW-1475).
- Experimental Plugins
- Codebehind Plugin: Reduce mundane configuration by using "page controller" conventions (WW-1515).
- Plexus Plugin - A new plugin that enables Struts Actions, Interceptors, and Results to be created and injected by Plexus.
- Scope Plugin - Initial version of scope plugin that mimics JBoss Seam-style of scoped bijection (presently in the Sandbox).
- Struts1 Plugin - A new plugin that allows you to use existing Struts 1 Actions and ActionForms in Struts 2 applications..
- Tiles Plugin - A new plugin allows your Struts actions to return Tiles pages. The Tiles plugin is dependant on Tiles 2, which is still in beta.
- JIRA Release Notes 2.0.6
- JIRA Release Notes 2.0.5
- JIRA Release Notes 2.0.4
- JIRA Release Notes 2.0.3
- JIRA Release Notes 2.0.2
- JIRA Release Notes 2.0.1
- JIRA Release Notes 2.0.0
- Struts 2.0.6 is a milestone version in the 2.0.x series.
- There is yet to be a GA release in this series.
- The Release Manager is Ted Husted.
- The tag date for the release is Thursday, 16 Feb 2007, circa 2pm PST.