Apache ACE is a software distribution framework that allows you to
centrally manage and distribute modular software components,
configuration data and other artifacts to OSGi based and related target
* April 22nd, 2014: ACE 2.0.1 release.
* Last committers added: March 27th, 2012
* Last PMC members added: June 18th, 2013
* Mailing list activity (dev+users) for last 4 months: 14 msgs
(previous 3 months: 30 msgs)
* Commits for last 4 months: 48
(previous 3 months: 8)
* Some improvements to the website after user feedback.
* Enhancements to the way the agent reports certain errors.
* Accepted a few patches by a user (we are watching to see if he keeps
* Made the handling of user tags a bit more strict, to prevent names
that could not be properly stored in XML.
* Upgraded to DM4 (which is a core internal component).
This report was late last month, so it it sent in a month later than
the normal reporting schedule.
Last time the board asked some questions about community activity and
specifically adding "new blood". We are actively trying to engage
users that are contributing suggestions and patches. Hopefully that
will lead to new committers. Traffic is still relatively slow.