Report copied to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/October2007
Sling is a framework to develop content centric web applications based on the idea of modularizing the rendering of HTTP resources.
Sling entered incubation on September 5th, 2007.
- Proper wiki/web page created by Felix Meschberger based on the Apache Felix setup by Marcel Offermans and Ronald Spierenburg.
- Juan's committer account has been setup
- Apache Sling will be present at the ApacheCon US 07 with a Feather Talk.
- Upcoming will be a discussion on when we should cut a first release.
- Discusssion is taking place to simplify the current "Component API" and to remove interfaces which are more or less duplicate to the Servlet API used and extended by Sling.
- A "sample" project has been added to show some features of Sling.
Issues before graduation
- Make an incubating Sling release
- Grow a more diverse community (so far only commits from Day employees)
Licensing and other issues