Report copied to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2008
Sling is a framework to develop content centric web applications based on the idea of modularizing the rendering of HTTP resources.
Sling entered incubation on September 5th, 2007.
- The Sling PPMC voted and passed the Community Roles and Processes document.
- Paddy Hannon added as Committer and member of the PPMC
- The Sling API has been finalized and the project migrated to the new API.
- Creation of the Sling Launchpad, based on the former microsling module, provides a ready to run configuration of Sling.
- General stabilization of the API and implementation, should lead to a first release soon.
- No export control notifications are needed for Apache Sling.
Issues before graduation
- Make an incubating Sling release.
- Grow a more diverse community (so far commits mostly from Day employees).
Licensing and other issues