Report copied to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2008
Sling is a framework to develop content centric web applications based on the idea of modularizing the rendering of HTTP resources.
Sling entered incubation on September 5th, 2007.
- Sling saw an increased community activity over the last two months.
- Present at Apache Con EU 08 with a BOF, a Fast Feather Track presentation and several mentions in other talks.
- Sling won the 5th prize at the JAX Innovation Award (http://jax-award.de)
- Sling enjoyed an intensive quarter of development moving towards an initial release. Currently we are finishing up and taliating issues required in the initial release.
- Sling is participating in the GSOC program with Bertrand Delacretaz mentoring Janandith Jayawardena developing integration support for the Scala programming language.
- Talks between folks of the Apache Felix project and the Sling project took place which resulted in an agreement to prepare moving the Sling Management Console to the Felix project.
Issues before graduation
- Make an incubating Sling release.
- Grow a more diverse community (so far commits mostly from Day employees). Getting the first release out will hopefully help.
Licensing and other issues