- Status Updates
- Topics to discuss:
- Release plan for 4.8 ? new feature ?
- BP-14 status
- BP-32 Advisory close
- Status of multi entry loggers
- BPs https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+bp+
- PRs https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pulls
- JV reported that ZookKeeper brings in a lot of problems, because of how ZK sessions work. You can have ZK session still "alive" but the bookie is not working, and clients are trying to use the bookie, we should have a way to:
- have an unique view of the system
- fail fast and stop using the bookie
- JV and Enrico talked about systems to detect bookie failures.
- Enrico is using other complementary HTTP/SSH based systems, mostly running custom probes on bookies and restarting the process and eventually signalling problems to OPS staff.
- About BP14 JV will review current patches from Enrico