Board meeting: October 17th
Report due to board: October 10th
Plan to complete by: October 8th
Apache Fineract (\’fīn-,ә-,rakt\) is an open source system for core banking as
a platform. Fineract provides a reliable, robust, and affordable solution for
entrepreneurs, financial institutions, and service providers to offer
financial services to the world’s 2 billion underbanked and unbanked.
Pull request backlog for Fineract 1.x: there are 28 open pull requests.
Two active development areas:
- Fineract 1.x
- FIneract-CN (including microservices front end UI)
GSOC is winding down. Fineract has four GSoC interns:
- Dilpreet Singh
- Ebenezer Graham
- Ruphine Kengne
- Pembe Miriam
Newly selected committer, Aleksander Vidakovic is configuring the Apache VM infrastructure for a public demo server for Fineract CN - a request for additional infrastructure was made to Apache board and approved. Progress is slow because we're all doing it in our free time.
OSCON - Fineract attendees included Myrle and Ed, both gave talks that included Fineract articulation.
ApacheCon, keynote, three talks and a dinnertime meetup. Fineract is especially grateful that so many members of our project could attend on TAC.
Fineract CN APIs documentation completed
Lowering barriers to contribution is being discussed, with the idea that non-committers can also review pull requests.
Lazy consensus has been adopted and documented in Committer's Zone
Fineract 1.x was moved to gitbox to make merging PR's easier.
## Health report
Community development is ticking along, PR's are coming in. On Fineract CN they are mostly being merged; on Fineract 1.x we need to improve. On the whole, we're doing well.
## PMC changes
- Currently 13 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Awasum Yannick on Thu Apr 19 2018
## Committer base changes
- Currently 29 committers.
- New commmitters:
- James Dailey was added as a committer on Sat Oct 06 2018
- Shruthi Rajaram was added as a committer on Tue Sep 18 2018
- 1.1.0 was released on Wed Apr 18 2018
## Mailing list activity:
- 264 subscribers (up 5 in the last 3 months):
- 448 emails sent to list (709 in previous quarter)
- 17 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 296 emails sent to list (302 in previous quarter)
- 207 subscribers (up 10 in the last 3 months):
- 47 emails sent to list (39 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- FINERACT 1.x & Fineract-CN together
- 373 open issues, many of these stale and assigned to non-active members.
- Cumulative Flow Report shows increasing volume of "to dos", a tiny percentage of "in progress" and a relatively stable number of "done".
FINERACT project Jira creation is down and resolution is up.
- 14 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 12 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
FINCN project tickets weren't previously being captured. With FINCN added, the numbers now look like this. Future comparisons should be against these numbers.
- 35 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 26 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months