Part 1 - Installing/Running JSP Examples
The JSP examples are provided by the Apache Tomcat project. It is a collection of samples demonstrating the usage of different parts of the Java Server Pages (JSP) specification. Both JSP 2.0 and JSP 1.2 examples are included.
- Expression Language
- SimpleTag Handlers and JSP Fragments
- Tag Files
- JSP XML Syntax (.jspx)
- A bunch more
Installing JSP Examples
No need to install these examples as they come predeployed within the Geronimo server.
However, you can click the "attachment tab" above to download the application and deployment plans for Geronimo v1. Note that the attached deployment plans specify a different context-root to avoid conflict with the predeployed application.
Running the Examples
- Start the Geronimo server (geronimo/bin/startup.bin|sh)
- Access the Geronimo Welcome page (http://localhost:8080)
- Under the Geronimo Examples section.. Choose JSP Examples (Or you can access the examples directly at http://localhost:8080/jsp-examples/)
- Each servlet example can be executed or the source can be viewed
Uninstalling the Examples
JSP Examples can be easily removed by using the "Uninstall application" function of the Geronimo web console. The console is available at http://localhost:8080/console
Contact Info: If you have additional questions, please append to the Geronimo user mailing list: http://geronimo.apache.org/mailing.html
Back Button Sample applications