To build the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) from source you need to have the following prerequisites installed.
- Apache Maven 2.0.10+
- Subversion 1.4.6+
- Sun JDK 5.0+ downloads or Sun JDK 6.0+ downloads
- Add the bin directories of maven and subversion to system variable Path.
Getting the source code
- Create a directory gep in the root location.
- Open a command prompt and change gep directory created before. Run the following command to start downloading the source.
- Subversion will start downloading the source and the command window will show the progress information.
- On successful download you can see the revision number for the downloaded source.
- Modify heap settings for JVM as follows.
- Change to the trunk directory of the source you have downloaded and run the following command
- Once done various dependencies will be downloaded to your m2 repository. If you are building GEP for the first time it may take considerable time.
- On the success of build you can see a Build Successful message on the command prompt.
Other Maven options
Skip TestAt times your build may fail due to test case failure. You can skip the test by running the following command