Welcome to the Apache Geronimo Development Tools Subproject
The aim of this subproject is to provide a rich set of development tools for Geronimo, focusing on application development, migration, and IDE integration. The tools are:
This page describes how to install the current release of the GEP. For information about installing previous releases, see #Previous Releases.
To get a nightly build of the current release under development, see #Nightly Builds.
Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP)
The Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) provides an integration between Eclipse, its Web Tools Platform (WTP) Project and Geronimo that allows users to utilize WTP features to develop, deploy, debug and run applications for the Apache Geronimo application server.
The current release of the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin is v2.2, released on Feb 2nd, 2010. For details, see the:
- Java J2SE 1.5.0 or greater
- Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers (Galileo(Eclipse 3.5),Ganymede(Eclipse 3.4) or Europa(Eclipse 3.3 Winter))
- Apache Geronimo 2.2.x server
Geronimo Eclipse Plugin FAQ's
- Installing Geronimo Eclipse Plugin – including getting the GEP.
- How to Use Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
- 5-minute Tutorial on Enterprise Application Development with Eclipse and Geronimo
Developing GEP and Geronimo
- How to Build Geronimo Eclipse Plugin from Source
- How to Develop Geronimo Eclipse Plugin in Eclipse
- Developing Geronimo in Eclipse
Issues and Questions
GEP issues are tracked in JIRA in the GERONIMODEVTOOLS project.
Questions about GEP can be asked on the Geronimo mailing lists.
Eclipse Platform or WTP issues should be opened under the Eclipse Bugzilla.
Other questions pertaining to Eclipse, WTP, or any Eclipse Project should be asked on the Eclipse Newsgroups.
For more details and information, see How to open a bug for Geronimo Eclipse Plugin.
- GEP 2.1.x supports the v2.1.x and v1.1 servers.
- Release Notes of all releases
Nightly builds are put on the eclipse update site http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/updates.
This site has the same structure and content as the production eclipse update site http://apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/updates/, with the addition of the latest nightly build of the current GEP release under development (trunk).
As with the production site, updatesite and deployable zip files are found in http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/.
JBoss to Geronimo (J2G) Migration Tool
The JBoss to Geronimo Migration Tool (J2G) is an Eclipse plugin designed to assist in migrating the sources of an application written for the JBoss application server or written for Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) to the Apache Geronimo platform. More information can be found here.