Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) issues are tracked in JIRA in the GERONIMODEVTOOLS project.
Questions about GEP can be asked on the Geronimo mailing lists.
Eclipse Platform or WTP issues should be opened under the Eclipse Bugzilla.
Other questions pertaining to Eclipse, WTP, or any Eclipse Project should be asked on the Eclipse Newsgroups.
There are numerous bug fixes coming with each release of Apache Geronimo and Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP). If you are using an older version of Geronimo/Geronimo Eclipse Plugin, try using the latest available versions and see if you hit the same issue.
Search the GERONIMODEVTOOLS JIRA issue tracking database to see if your bug has already been reported, or maybe even fixed. You may be able to add additional information to a previously reported bug.
Reporting a GEP bug
- Launch Report a GEP Bug.
- Once done you will have to login. You can create a account in case you do not have one. This will help you to track the progress on the bug you reported.
- Once done select CREATE NEW ISSUE.
- On the next screen select Project as Geronimo Devtools and for issue you can check out the help against he issue drop down box.
- On the next page Select the version in which you hit the issue. In case you are using an older version of Geronimo/Geronimo Eclipse Plugin it is suggested you use the latest version and try hitting the same issue.
- Select the version in which you expect the issue to be fixed.
- Mention the environment correctly which may include your operating system, Java version, Geronimo version, GEP version. In case this is a build failure specify your maven version as well.
- Give the description as a series of step towards the bug you have found.
- You can also attach your application, test case to recreate the issue, screenshots etc.