|Importing applications built with car-maven-plugin into GEP||Getting familiar with Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP)||Using datasource pool wizard in GEP|
This article shows the usage of Geronimo Deployment Plan Editor to configure Geronimo deployment plans.
To modify deployment plans in Geronimo Deployment Plan Editor, as a minimum you will be required to have installed the following prerequisite software.
- Sun JDK 6.0+ (J2SE 1.6)
- Eclipse 3.4.1 (Eclipse Ganymede SR1 distribution) or Eclipse 3.5 (Eclipse Galileo)
- Apache Geronimo v2.2
- Geronimo Eclipse Plugin v2.2
We will consider the Currency Converter sample for the rest of this turial.
- In WebEJB project, select WebContent -> WEB-INF -> geronimo-web.xml, right click and select Open With -> Geronimo Deployment Plan Editor.
- Selecting the Naming tab, you can configure all references of the Web application.
- You can add security options in the Security tab if necessary.
- In the Deployment tab, you can edit all server dependencies or classloader configurations of the Web application.
- Once done open the source tab you can see the source code of the deployment plan.
- In CurrencyConvertEJB project, you can select ejbModule -> META-INF -> openejb-jar.xml,right click and select Open With -> Geronimo Deployment Plan Editor.
- Similarly you can make changes to
openejb-jar.xmlin the editor. Once you complete the configuration, open the source tab you can see the source code of the deployment plan.