What the hosts, paths, etc, should I be aware of?
- Master: ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com
- Logs: http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/logs/
- Profile properties files: /usr/local/hiveptest/etc/public/
- Test Logs: /data/hive-ptest/logs/
- Webservice logs: /home/hiveptest/apache-tomcat-7.0.41/logs/
- Working Directory: /data/hive-ptest/working/ (where libs, source, etc are stored)
- Scripts: /usr/local/hiveptest/bin/
- Relevant JIRAS: HIVE-4675 and HIVE-4739
How do I setup a new branch?
In /etc/hiveptest/public/ you should create a file called branch-mr1.properties and branch-mr1.properties. Please copy trunk-mr1.properties or trunk-mr2.properties. The file should be updated accordingly.
How do I stop, start, restart, or fetch the latest code on the master?
The ptest2 webservice runs on ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com and builds are executed from there. When a build runs on apache jenkins it makes a webservice call to the master and then tails the log file of the test in progress. Committers can be granted access to this host by request, see HIVE-4739.
The master spins up ec2 instances, executes the tests, aggregates the results, and then waits for 30 minutes for further tests. Receiving none it will shutdown the slaves.