- Execute any tests you feel will be impacted by a change locally
- The full tests suite can executed by this patch testing facility by simply:
- Upload a patch to a JIRA in the following format HIVE-XXXX.patch, HIVE-XXXX.XX.patch, HIVE-XXXX.DXXXX.XX.patch (phabricator), or HIVE-XXXX-branch.patch (allows targeting a branch).
- HIVE-XXXX.patch (branch=trunk)
- HIVE-XXXX-vectorization.patch (branch=vectorization)
- HIVE-XXXX.XX-vectorization.patch (branch=vectorization)
- HIVE-XXXX.DXXX.XX.patch (branch=trunk)
- DXXX.XX.patch (branch=trunk)
- HIVE-XXXX.XX.patch (branch=trunk)
- Read MiniMR and PTest2 before adding new minimr tests
- Allow of the following patch formats are allowed:
- git diff
- git diff --no-prefix
- svn diff
- Placing any of these properties in the JIRA description will result in additional action:
- NO PRECOMMIT TESTS - do not run precommit tests
- CLEAR LIBRARY CACHE - clear the ivy and maven library before building the source
- A comment will be posted to the JIRA when the test is complete.
- The build itself is PreCommit-HIVE-Build and is part of the Apache PreCommit Build Infra
- Re-submit your build by clicking "Build with Parameters" here PreCommit-HIVE-Build
Hive Precommit testing is triggered via the Apache PreCommit Build Infra but executes on the Hive PTest2 Infrastructure. It should not be used as a replacement for local testing. Contributors and committers should execute any tests they believe will be impacted by a change locally.
The PreCommit build requires a patch name to be in a specific format. The format is as follows:
All other attachments will be ignored. Branch and .txt are both optional. If branch is not specified then trunk is assumed. Before executing a PreCommit build for a particular branch, the branch must be setup on the Hive PTest2 Infrastructure by a committer.
If you'd like to resubmit your patch you can either:
- Upload the patch again
- Click "Build with Parameters" here PreCommit-HIVE-Build and put the numeric portion of the JIRA in the issue number field.