An NMS Provider is a .NET Assembly that provides an implementation of the NMS API that provides connectivity with a particular Messaging Service or an implementation of a standard Messaging Protocol. Currently, the following providers are available:
- ActiveMQ client which communicates with ActiveMQ using its own native wire protocol and provides many advanced features beyond the standard NMS API.
- STOMP which connects to any STOMP Broker. Also, when coupled with StompConnect, NMS can be used to communicate with pretty much any existing MOM provider! (Or at least those that support JMS which most MOM providers do).
- MSMQ is an implementation of NMS using Microsoft's MSMQ API.
- EMS provider for talking to TIBCO's EMS message broker. To use this, you will need to following TIBCO's licensing requirements to acquire the TIBCO client assembly DLL. NMS does not ship with the TIBCO client assembly.
- WCF provides support of Windows Communications Framework.
- AMQP is an implementation of NMS using the Apache Qpid Messaging API. AMQP 1.0 protocol support is provided by Apache Qpid Proton.
- MQTT provider uses the publish-subscribe pattern that is a "light weight" messaging protocol for use on top of the TCP/IP protocol.
- XMS provider connects to the IBM WebSphere MQ Series broker.