NOTE: Users are encouraged to use Solr3.2 or later due to a number of bugs that have been fixed.
Solr 3.1 was released March 2011
This is the first release after Solr 1.4.1. Lucene and Solr's version numbers were synced following the Lucene/Solr merge (hence the 3.1 directly after the 1.4 line). Solr 3.1 contains Lucene 3.1.
If you found a link to this page in some documentation, it was placed there to alert you to the fact that it described a feature that was first introduced in the Solr 3.1 release.
March 2011, Apache Solr 3.1 available
The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 3.1.
This release contains numerous bug fixes, optimizations, and improvements, some of which are highlighted below. The release is available for immediate download at http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr. See the CHANGES.txt file included with the release for a full list of details as well as instructions on upgrading.
What's in a Version?
The version number for Solr 3.1 was chosen to reflect the merge of development with Lucene, which is currently also on 3.1. Going forward, we expect the Solr version to be the same as the Lucene version. Solr 3.1 contains Lucene 3.1 and is the release after Solr 1.4.1.
Solr 3.1 Release Highlights
- Numeric range facets (similar to date faceting).
- New spatial search, including spatial filtering, boosting and sorting capabilities.
- Example Velocity driven search UI at http://localhost:8983/solr/browse
- A new termvector-based highlighter
- Extend dismax (edismax) query parser which addresses some missing features in the dismax query parser along with some extensions.
- Several more components now support distributed mode: TermsComponent, SpellCheckComponent.
- A new Auto Suggest component.
- Ability to sort by functions.
- JSON document indexing
- CSV response format
- Apache UIMA integration for metadata extraction
- Leverages Lucene 3.1 and it's inherent optimizations and bug fixes as well as new analysis capabilities.
- Numerous improvements, bug fixes, and optimizations.