This is the consolidated list of changes between Tapestry versions 5.3.1 and 5.3.2. To upgrade, just update the Maven dependency in you POM file (or download the new JAR file) and the new version will just work. However, please review the How to Upgrade instructions before upgrading. And be sure to check the Release Notes for 5.3 and Release Notes for 5.3.1 too.
Component field visibility
In prior versions of Tapestry, all instance fields of components had to be visibility private; starting with version 5.3.2, this has been relaxed. Component fields may be protected, or package private (that is, no visibility modifier). Fields that are final, or annotated with @Retain may even be public. In any case, this makes it easier for pages to work with other pages in the same package, and for subclasses to more easily access the fields (including parameter fields, or injections) provided by base classes. This feature should be used with care, as it can lead to designs that are more difficult to maintain.
Spring 3.1 upgrade
The Spring integration module has updated the Spring dependencies to 3.1.0.RELEASE
TextField component support for HTML5 values
The TextField components now support HTML5 any HTML5 type attribute.
- [TAP5-1787] - TextField should be usable with HTML5 type values (such as "number", "email", etc.)
- [TAP5-1788] - Service id 'environment' has already been defined by org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule with Spring 3.1
- [TAP5-1798] - Grid and BeanDisplay should ignore properties that are actually static fields
- [TAP5-1825] - Incorrect order of parameter in localization messages within ValidationMessages Italian lang
- [TAP5-1801] - Component fields should not need to be private, merely non-public
- [TAP5-1824] - New translations for Norwegian Bokmål
- [TAP5-1792] - Upgrade Tapestry/Spring integration to Spring 3.1.0.RELEASE