How to prepare a normal release ?
- create a Version Notes page and start adding important changes to it
- create a filter in JIRA with Fix Version pointing to the release version you want to prepare
- review JIRA issues and re-organise them, move the Fix Version to the next release or Future, mark what should be solved in the release you're working on
- update the Draft Docs page - build project locally, upload struts2-assembly-docs.zip to people.a.o and move the content to /www/struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/
- or you can use the script below to update the Draft Docs after login to people.a.o:
How to prepare a fast track release ?
- keep all the informations confidential as possible, communicate throughout email@example.com group
- restrict access to all the related pages created in Confluence to struts-committers group only, they can be made public available after fix or workaround was released
What do you want to build ?
Depends on what you want to achieve, please select topic from the list below:
- One time steps - before you start preparing a distribution
- Sample announcements - announcements used to communicate the achievement
- Building Struts Master - how to release Struts Master
- Building Struts Annotations - when you want to prepare a new distribution of Struts Annotations (if something changed)
- Building Struts 2 - Normal release - the most common used path
- Building Struts 2 - Fast track release - how to prepare a fast track release with important security patch