This is a fast track Struts guide for JSP developers. It starts with a simple employee list of an imaginary company, implemented with pure JSP (Model 1), servlet + JSP (Model 2) and with Struts + JSP (which is also Model 2).
After familiarity with Struts is established, this guide delves into event handling, action interaction and form submission.
and ulitimately finishes with complete Struts-based CRUD (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete) application.
- A simple employee list (pure JSP)
- Converting employee list page to a Model 2 app (servlet + JSP)
- Converting Model 2 app into Struts app
- Handling user events in Action class
- Action interaction, form beans, submitting HTML forms
- Error messages, redisplaying HTML form with errors, full-blown CRUD
Download the sample WAR file with the source code: crud.war.