- StrutsJericho (Struts 2.x proposal)
- StrutsOverDrive (subproject proposal)
- StrutsShale (Struts 2.x proposal)
- TilesTopLevel (Incubator proposal)
- WebWork2Incubator (Incubator proposal)
Both the Jericho and Shale proposals mention the need for a Context notion to work (perhaps in combination with a Chain of Responsibility). I would like to point out that the Morph framework provides such an abstraction that is ideal for abstracting out the details of different APIs (HTTP, Porlet, etc). For example, the HttpServletContext abstracts out the details of interacting with the Servlet API so that you need only depend on either the Context interface or the java.util.Map interface.