These are the notes for the Struts 2.1.8 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Version Notes 2.1.6
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
Backward compatibility issues with prior development release
- The bean named-variable was renamed to namedVariable ww-3092
- If the @Result annotation is marked at the method level, it will override class-level @Result annotations ww-3043
- The @ParentPackage annotation can now be inherited ww-3162
- The DefaultActionMapper now honors the dynamic method invocation configuration value as well as using the newer camelCase naming conventions for its shortcuts (redirectAction: instead of redirect-action:) ww-3129
New Features and Plugins
- Struts now has a JSON plugin to support a JSON result type
- Struts has an embeddedjsp plugin for compiling JSPs possibly packaged within a jar
- The Struts 2 Spring plugin now supports spring's reloading class loader
- Struts now supports a full-featured OSGi Plugin osgi plugin