Apache ZooKeeper Committer Onboarding
You will receive an email similar to the following, please read it and follow the steps outlined:
Becoming a committer steps
- Download and print the Apache Contributor License Agreement from here. You need to sign it and fax it to Apache. In the past I've found its often faster to also post it via snail mail
- wait for your name to appear on the list of received CLAs
- once thats done let us know and we can apply to Apache Infrastructure to have your account created; we'll also need to know
- your full name
- your preferred email address
- your preferred unix account name
Getting started at Apache
- Add yourself to the Credits page. Here is an example of such a code change. After updating source, publish the site using Apache CMS, and verify your name appearing on Credits page.
- Now go read the instructions on the new committers guide. Its also worth viewing http://www.apache.org/dev.
Setting up your git account
1. Once you've got your Apache account working you need to enable git access; See this document for details of setting up git
Getting Karma in JIRA and Confluence
Mail the dev list and ask for karma for JIRA / Confluence giving them details of your username you used to register with them both. We can then grant the necessary karma so you can start grabbing JIRA issues or editing the wiki