IntroductionApache Camel ™ is a versatile open-source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.
Camel empowers you to define routing and mediation rules in a variety of domain-specific languages, including a Java-based Fluent API, Spring or Blueprint XML Configuration files, and a Scala DSL. This means you get smart completion of routing rules in your IDE, whether in a Java, Scala or XML editor.
Apache Camel uses URIs to work directly with any kind of Transport or messaging model such as HTTP, ActiveMQ, JMS, JBI, SCA, MINA or CXF, as well as pluggable Components and Data Format options. Apache Camel is a small library with minimal dependencies for easy embedding in any Java application. Apache Camel lets you work with the same API regardless which kind of Transport is used - so learn the API once and you can interact with all the Components provided out-of-box.
The following projects can leverage Apache Camel as a routing and mediation engine:
- Apache ServiceMix - a popular distributed open source ESB and JBI container
- Apache ActiveMQ - a mature, widely used open source message broker
- Apache CXF - a smart web services suite (JAX-WS and JAX-RS)
- Apache Karaf - a small OSGi based runtime in which applications can be deployed
- Apache MINA - a high-performance NIO-driven networking framework
So don't get the hump - try Camel today!