Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta is the Apache NetBeans incubator release of the NetBeans Java SE IDE, i.e., the NetBeans Platform that underpins NetBeans IDE, released as Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Alpha, together with all the features and tools applicable to general Java development – including Java Swing, JavaFX, and the support created specifically for Java 9, i.e., JShell, JLink, and Jigsaw.
Tasks to be completed for Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta to be released:
- clear out Rat: https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-linux/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/nbbuild/build/rat-report.txt
- clear out the problems in verify-libs-and-licenses (run 'ant verify-libs-and-licenses' in the root to get the report), specifically solve GPL usage:
- look at DEPENDENCIES and other files, if there are any issues, fix them
- start the IDE, and check the licenses shown, texts, About window, etc. make sense (fix what does not)
- folks have some bugs reported with label Java9-IDE. We need to decide whether those absolutely need to be fixed for the first/beta release – though probably not.
NETBEANS-54 - Clarify the status of donated files from ApacheNetBeansDonation1.zip Open
After Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta is released, the NetCAT community will begin its process, after which Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 will be released.