This features will allow for developers to write their own plugins and install them into CloudStack as well as utilizing the current ui in maintaining a cohesive design/experience.
This is a functional spec of the 3rd party plugin feature.
- The developer will write a plugin that they would like to add into CloudStack
- Using a predetermined file hierarchy we create, the developer will place their plugin within the folder structure and fill out a plugin.js file
- The admin will then place this folder into the existing CloudStack “plugin”
- The admin will then add this new listing onto the plugin.js file that lies within that folder
- The user then just has to refresh the browser and the plugin will be available to use.
The listing of the available plugins will be accessed via a plugin button in the navigation.
UI Plugin Tutorial
Web Services APIs