Up-to-date (hopefully, please correct if not) information on how to generate the new 2.2 docs during the transition phase.
Running Forrest locally to work on the docs
Running Forrest in webapp mode lets you see changes made to the docs immediately:
- Download, install and test Forrest V0.6. It's a fairly big download (with cocoon inside) but easy to install.
- From the src/documentation directory of your local copy of the Cocoon 2.2 code, start forrest run.
- Point your browser to http://localhost:8888, you should see the Cocoon documentation page with the standard Forrest look (similar to the 2.1 website).
- After editing a document under the _http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/src/documentation/src/content/xdocs_ directory, refresh the page in your browser to see the changes immediately.
Online published version of the 2.2 docs
The following versions of the work-in-progress docs are available:
- Prototype of 2.2 docs: http://forrest.zones.apache.org/fr/build/cocoon-2-2/
- Prototype of global (site) docs: http://forrest.zones.apache.org/fr/build/cocoon-doco-global/
- Prototype of the portals docs: http://forrest.zones.apache.org/fr/build/cocoon-block-portal/
These pages are generated automatically three times per day.
Note that the pages are generated out of two forrest repositories: the global repository is responsible for the tabs "Project" and "Community". The tabs "Getting started" and "Documentation" link to the most recent, editable userdocs. Older (frozen) docs get their links in the second-level pelt in the "Documentation" tab.
How to generate the 2.2 docs
TODO: indicate (in due time) how to generate the docs, what version of Forrest to use, etc.