This is the Apache Wiki for the Apache Cocoon project and is maintained by the entire Cocoon community. To edit pages, look for Edit link on the top-right of any page to create a user profile or to login. Notifications of all changes you make will be sent to the docs@cocoon mailing list, so we will be aware of your changes and we will happily correct any small mistakes that you might make.
See notes about LatestRelease or direct download Cocoon 2.1.11 and Lenya 1.2.5 (also see Apache Lenya Wiki)
If you want to find out about how we manage our project, have a look at ProjectManagement. Also find there information about providing patches, our roadmap, sample queries for Bugzilla (our bug tracking tool), our CVS and much more.
Welcome to the Cocoon documentation Wiki. It is not large, it is not small, it is simply available to anyone actually feeling like adding some info to complement what's on the main Cocoon web site. Type away! Explore the publicist in you! This wiki is generally a "jumping point" for bringing new documentation into the project. See the About page to get started.
If you are attempting to evaluate Cocoon for a project, you will find the features list useful. If you are unsure whether Cocoon is right for you, please also read RulesOfTheGame.
Still not convinced? For some real-world success stories about using Cocoon, see the Testimonials page.
News / Recent Changes
(See also the Events list.)
- January, 9th 2008
- October 5th, 2007
- Added GT2007Notes Notes from the Cocoon GetTogether 2007
- September 6th, 2007
- Added GT2007Hackaton Ideas for the Hackathon at the 2007 Cocoon GetTogether
- Added GT2007Hotels Hotels for the 2007 Cocoon GetTogether
- February, 17th 2007
- Added StudentProjectIdeas2007: Google announced the 3rd summer of code and this year. The Austrian Computer society launched a similar project, the OSS Contest Austria 2007. Add your ideas about what students could do for us! If you are a student yourself and interested, don't hesitate to add your project idea and get in contact with us as soon as possible.
- December, 21th 2006
- October 4th, 2006
- Added GT2006Notes Notes & slides from the 5th Cocoon GetTogether
- September 22nd, 2006
- Added GT2006Hackathon Ideas for the Hackathon at the 2006 Cocoon GetTogether
- July, 3rd, 2006
- Added GT2006Ideas Ideas for the 2006 Cocoon GetTogether in Amsterdam, October 2nd, 3rd and 4th
- April, 7th 2006
- 20 November 2005
- October, 13th, 2005
- Added SVNConfig with SVN tips and recommended config
- October, 10th, 2005
- Cocoon Gettogether 2005 is over, slides and recordings are available at the Cocoon GT website
- September, 16th, 2005
- Added a DesignPattern Overview section to help to quickly create web application
- July, 27th, 2005
- Added GT2005Hackaton agenda for the 2005 Cocoon Hackton in Amsterdam, October 5th and 6th
- June 7th, 2005
- Added info on the GoogleSummerOfCode2005 and the CocoonRefDocProject
- 15 April 2005
- Some wiki pages about Lepido, the Eclipse-based Cocoon IDE.
- April 2005
- Launch of Planet Cocoon (for Cocoon developers) and Spread Cocoon (to help market Cocoon).
- 24 March 2005
- 30 January 2005
- Added PortalTools
- 27 January 2005
- Portal for our new documentation effort