New Cocoon 2.2 Documentation
After a lot of talks in the last months about a new Cocoon documentation it's time to start working on it. I (ReinhardPoetz) propose to create the new documentation from the scratch (--> empty doc base) and decide for every existing document whether it goes into the new documentation or not.
This also means that we need a lot of help to get this going:
- all 2.1 and 2.2 docs have to be reviewed (see the table below)
- a new structure for the new docs have to be found (it has to reflect how Cocoon 2.2 is working!)
- the docs have to be written (or at least to be copied over)
Note: The table below is the main co-ordination table. See also other documentation review efforts, including:
Review of sitemap component documentation and Proposed TOC] and CocoonDocsPlan and DocsReorgProposal and [http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/plan/proposed-toc.html and ExtremeDocumentationOverhaul
How can you help?
- See 22NewDocumentsGeneration about where the work-in-progress docs are published, and how to run Forrest locally to work on the docs
- read CocoonDocumentationSystemHowTo to find some information how the actual work has to be done.
- review the existing docs and enter your comments into the table below
- write new docs (the source can be plain HTML --> every HTML editor is good enough to write the docs!) and put them into Bugzilla
- create patches if the doc already exists in SVN
Reviewing the existing docs
The old docs should soon be moved to the "legacy" tab of the new docs (see 22NewDocumentsGeneration) to make this reviewing process easier. This is explained at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111204174307479&w=2
Reviewing the existing WIKI docs
People reviewing the wiki docs, please use the below table if you want to propose them as part of the official documentation.
- WIP ..... work in progress
- RTM ..... ready to move
- OOD ..... out of date
Note: The /userdocs/$sitemapComponent/* are being addressed by Review of sitemap component documentation.
proposed position in official repo