The intent of this page is to provide a step-by-step plan and a list of all the resources (bugzilla, wiki, hg, binaries, etc) that need to be taken care of as part of the migration of netbeans.org to Apache.
Meeting planned for discussing the transition process: https://doodle.com/poll/yzubnxw9afhcbkxn
Attendees at the meeting scheduled to include Oracle (Robert Nilsson, Geertjan Wielenga), Apache Infra (Daniel Gruno), Apache NetBeans (Emilian Bold, Neil Smith, Antonio Vieiro).
- Background. Where we are, and how we got here – in summary, netbeans.org, and other domains, have been donated by Oracle to Apache.
- Orientation. What does the donation of netbeans.org mean to all of us.
- Robert: Send the current domain ownership and DNS records to Apache and then manage them on Apache side. (Daniel agrees: firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Antonio: two phases (1) DNS records (2) moving content.
- Also, which ones? Main domains, some are more costly. (Daniel and admins to decide the number.)
- Let's focus on netbeans.org specifically. When someone goes to netbeans.org, they should find themselves on netbeans.apache.org.
- Content of netbeans.org. From netbeans.org itself, specifically netbeans.org/kb/index.html is relevant, i.e., the tutorials. These are part of the 3rd donation that is currently in process and incomplete.
- Redirection. Please see Proposals for main website migration (PDF).
- Subdomains of netbeans.org. As a temporary/transitional step, ask Apache infra to assign the subdomains to the applicable Oracle locations to smooth the migration:
- What should happen with historic artifacts hosted on Akamai.
- Timelines, actions items, milestones, deadlines. Should/when the next meeting be held?
- Read-only bugzilla clone on Apache infra, add redirects for historical http://netbeans.org/bugzilla/ links to the new instance (with the same issue IDs).