This QA plan if for AOO 3.4 release, currently it covers both QA related works and the detail AOO 3.4 testing plan.
QA related works:
- Focus on establishing automation mechanism. Start from Build Verification Testing (BVT in short).
- Focus on test infrastructure set up. Start from case management tool. For 3.4.0, place the test cases on wiki and volunteer can do general testing against. If volunteer could not write cases, may give the test scope he would do. For example, which component etc. And then report defects in Apache Bugzilla .
- Focus on Performance Verification Testing (PVT in short) investigation, and setup benchmark PVT environment.
- Establish QA entry in AOO wiki (Use https://cwiki.apache.org/ for QA and test plan. http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/ for QA entry and related test cases and test results)
- Build private build before official build is ready
- The following platforms will be covered (please keep the general system requirements in mind):
AOO 3.4 test plan:
The code changes occur in AOO 3.4:
- IP clearance
- AOO 3.4 content code change
- Bug fix
Based on above code changes, four kinds of testing should be done before publish AOO 3.4.0 GA to community:
- Leverage solid QA contributors on IP clearance impact functional verification testing
- Leverage OpenOffice users on AOO 3.4 content code change testing
- Leverage OpenOffice users on General Usage regression test
- Deployment QA and Experience Feedback
- Leverage solid QA contributors and OpenOffice users on critical bug fixes verification and impact area testing.
The bug fix related impact area testing may combine with general usage regression testing.
64 bit version is preferred over 32 bit version.
- Windows 7 32 bit
- Windows Vista 32 bit
- Windows 2003 32 bit
- Windows XP SP2 32 bit
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 32 bit and 64 bit
- Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit and 64 bit
- Mac OS X 10.7
- Mac OS X 10.6.x
- Mac OS X 10.5
- Mac OS X 10.4
- FreeBSD 9.0/8.2 (9.0 is suppose to release at 07th Dec 2011 )
- Solaris x86 10