This page is obsolete.
Struts Action 2.0 merges the advanced Opensymphony WebWork 2.2 framework with the maturity of Struts Action 1. The result is a powerful, yet accessible framework that supports legacy Struts Action 1.x applications, while providing a feature-rich foundation for new applications.
This project has not been released, and is considered in sandbox state. This page contains designs, tasks, references, FAQs and discussions to help move Struts Action 2.0 towards its first release.
Webwork from a Struts developer's perspective
- MigrationStrategy - Steps and overall strategies for migrating Struts Action 1.x applications to Action 2.0
- MigrationTools - Development tools to help aid the migration process
- IssuesAndSolutions - Various issues (and hopefully their solutions!) encountered by people doing migrations, or developing new Webwork-based applications
General thoughts on Webwork
- ActionContext - Webwork provides an ActionContext, which is a wrapper around a number of important objects. This may sound a little mundane, but it's not! Read on!
- RoughSpots - Some things that could be addressed before 2.0.0.