The framework documentation is written for active web developers and assumes a working knowledge about how Java web applications are built. For more about the underlying nuts and bolts, see the Key Technologies Primer.
Several tutorials are available to help you get started with the framework, from all-purpose "soup to nuts" tutorials to specialty tutorials on portlets and database access.
- Bootstrap - few simple steps how to start with Struts 2
- Struts 2 + Spring 2 + JPA + AJAX
- Struts 2 / Hibernate Tutorial
- Struts 2, Spring 3, JPA 2, Maven Example
- Extending an Application with Custom Plugins
- CRUD Made Easy
- Creating java web applications with AngularJS and Struts2
- 4 Easy Steps to create a Java based Web Application with Struts2 and jQuery
- JasperReports Tutorial
- Portlet Tutorial
- Developing a Portlet using Eclipse
- Struts 2 JUnit Plugin Tutorial
Several example applications are bundled with the framework, as ready-to-deploy WARs.
An "empty" application that you can use as the starting point for your own projects.
A simple application that demonstrates best practices.
An application demonstrating portlet support
A sampling of common (and not so common) use cases.
Simple examples and links to "powered by" sites
For the complete source code to the applications, see the source code distribution.
To suggest a change or a correction to any part of the documentation, log in and leave a comment on the appropriate page. We are always looking for help with the documentation!