What is a Marketplace?
A marketplace is perfect synchronisation of B2B and B2C interactions. Marketplace acts as a bridge between Multiple suppliers/sellers and customers. In traditional e-commerce websites, single seller can sell his products whereas marketplace provides a business environment to gather all the sellers together and provides them an opportunity to list their products, inventories and offer desirable pricing. On other end a customer can search product from N number of products listed by different sellers to get the best deal.
Why OfBiz as Marketplace?
OFBiz being a potential driver on ERP domain, served the industry from years.
The positive user traction helped OFBiz in becoming a big success. As the industry is growing, OFBiz do have the necessary architectural/infrastructural level support that can be used to take the OFBiz eCommerce website to next level i.e Marketplace.
We will have three main actors as Customers, Sellers and Marketplace Operators in the system. Here are actions/operations that can be performed by these actors.
1) Marketplace for Customers:
- Customer should be able to see different sellers selling same product and prices offered.
- Customer should be able to purchase product from range of sellers.
- Customer should be able to see all offers and promotions by sellers and best offer with lower price or promoted seller on marketplace should be on top.
- Customer should be able to see shipping rates and return policy of the seller.
- Customer can see seller profile with following information.
- Launch Date
- Return and Warranties
- Products (Other products sale by seller)
- Customer can purchase products from different sellers in single order.
2) Marketplace for Seller:
- Seller profile registration.
- Seller profile approval or listing process,
- Seller can add other users to access account like Catalog Manager, Order Manager etc by permission.
- User permission management.
- Manage Seller Profile
- Product Management
- Add product new/existing.
- Inventory management.
- Price management for product.
- Activate and deactivate product listing.
- Add promotion to products.
- Manage Order
- Shipment Management
- Ship by marketplace flow
- Ship by seller flow
- Inventory Management
- By Marketplace
- By Seller
- Manage Return
- Issue refund for the cancel order by customer. That means get shipped product back if not accepted at customer end due to some reason.
- Receive item and issue refund amount. On receiving the item tell marketplace to issue refund.
3) Marketplace Operator:
- Manage sellers listing approval process.
- Manage global catalog.
- Manage seller performance.
- Marketing campaign.
- Manage commission setup etc.