These are the notes for the Struts 2.3.1 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Version Notes 2.2.3
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId> <artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId> <version>2.3.1</version> </dependency>
You can also use Struts Archetype Catalog like below
Struts Archetype Catalog
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://struts.apache.org/2.3.1/
<repositories> <repository> <id>apache.nexus</id> <name>ASF Nexus Staging</name> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/</url> </repository> </repositories>
- The DTD has been updated to provide whitelisting of functions that can be called via Dynamic Method Invocation, via the <allowed-methods> tag inside <action>. (The method specified in the <action> tag is automatically whitelisted.) For example, the following XML allows methods foo, bar, and baz to be called via DMI:
<action name="..." method="foo"> <result ... /> <allowed-methods>bar,baz</allowed-methods> </action>
- the Spring Dependencies were upgraded from version 2.5.6 to version 3.0.5.
- a new plugin to support CDI was added, to use CDI support inside your application add struts2-cdi-plugin.jar to your application WEB-INF/lib folder
- New Portal 2 Plugin replaced the old one Portal Plugin
- OGNL was upgraded to version 3.0.2 to solve problem with running Struts 2 on JDK 5