These are the notes for the Struts 2.3.34 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Version Notes 2.3.33
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
- There is huge number of examples you can also use as a starting point for you application here
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId> <artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId> <version>2.3.34</version> </dependency>
You can also use Struts Archetype Catalog like below
Struts Archetype Catalog
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://struts.apache.org/
<repositories> <repository> <id>apache.nexus</id> <name>ASF Nexus Staging</name> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/</url> </repository> </repositories>
- A regular expression Denial of Service when using URLValidator (similar to S2-044 & S2-047), see S2-050
- A remote attacker may create a DoS attack by sending crafted xml request when using the Struts REST plugin, see S2-051
- Possible Remote Code Execution attack when using the Struts REST plugin with XStream handler to handle XML payloads, see S2-052
- A possible Remote Code Execution attack when using an unintentional expression in Freemarker tag instead of string literals, see S2-053
- [WW-4176] - Struts2 JSON Plugin: Send Map with Strings as Key to JSON Action is ignored, Numeric Keys will work and mapped
- [WW-4817] - Threads get blocked due to unnecessary synchronization in OgnlRuntime
- [WW-4834] - Improve RegEx used to validate URLs