This section includes all Nutch 2.x material
This section includes all Pre Nutch 1.3 material.
- Frutch Wiki – French Nutch Wiki
- The Old Wiki
- Experiences with the Nutch search engine author:Doug Cutting,"Video Lecture"
- Instructions for running Bixo on EC2 (includes parts of Nutch)
Internal Nutch Documentation
Development and Old Nutch 2.0
- MultiLingualSupport - In development.
- Nutch2Architecture – Discussions on the Nutch 2.0 architecture (old)
- JavaDemoApplication - A simple demonstration of how to use the Nutch APIin a Java application
Nutch 2.X tutorial(s)
- Nutch2Tutorial – How to get Nutch 2.X to use HBase as persistence layer for Gora. This is the primary Nutch 2.X tutorial.
- Setting up Nutch 2.x with Cassandra - How to setup and run Nutch 2.x using Cassandra as storage.
- How to map your Nutch 2.x Hbase table to Hive - Sample query for Hive mapping.
- Accumulo, Nutch, and Gora - A step-by-step tutorial Very Old
- Nutch2Crawling - A description of the crawling jobs and field to database mappings.
- Nutch2Architecture - A high level overview of the new architecture and design
- Nutch2Roadmap – Discussions on the architecture and features of Nutch 2.0
- Build Nutch 2.0 in Eclipse – How to setup your IDE environment comfortably.
- ErrorMessagesInNutch2 – What they mean and suggestions for getting rid of them.
- NutchConfigurationFiles-2.x – Configuration files that are specific to Nutch-2.x
- Understanding the columns/fields in Nutch 2.0 Webpage - Detailed article
- WorkingWithGoraSnapshots - A step by step guide to working with Gora development code within your Nutch 2.x deployment
- NutchRESTAPI - A UML diagram and overview of the entire Nutch 2.X REST API.
Pre-Nutch 1.3 Plugin Resources
Nutch <1.3 Tutorials
- RunningNutchAndSolr - How to configure Nutch to crawl, but post to Solr for search/index
- Tutorial – A Step-by-Step guide to getting Nutch up and running (<=1.2).
- Tutorial – A Step-by-Step installation guide for dummies: Nutch 0.9.
- Nutch_-_The_Java_Search_Engine (Builds on the basic tutorials. Includes index maintenance scripts)
- RunNutchInEclipse for v0.8
- RunNutchInEclipse0.9 for v0.9 (Linux and Windows)
- RunNutchInEclipse1.0 for v1.0 (Linux and Windows)
- Nutch v1.3 and Hadoop tutorial
- Upgrading Hadoop Version in Nutch - Basic steps for upgrading Hadoop in Nutch.
- Commandline options for 0.7.x
- Commandline options for version 0.8
- GettingNutchRunningWithUtf8 - For support of non-ASCII characters (Chinese, German, Japanese, Korean).
- GettingNutchRunningWithResin - Resin is a JSP/Servlet/EJB application server (alternative to tomcat).
- CreateNewFilter - for example to add a category metadata to your index and be able to search for it
- Automating Fetches with Python - How to automatic the Nutch fetching process using Python
- MonitoringNutchCrawls - techniques for keeping an eye on a nutch crawl's progress.
- Crawl - script to crawl (and possible recrawl too)
- IntranetRecrawl - script to recrawl a crawl
- Whole-Web Crawling incremental script - crawled urls are searchable at each iteration after merging
- MergeCrawl - script to merge 2 (or more) crawls