Welcome to the home of the Apache Bigtop space!
The primary goal of Bigtop is to build a community around the packaging, deployment and interoperability testing of Hadoop-related projects. This includes testing at various levels (packaging, platform, runtime, upgrade, etc...) developed by a community with a focus on the system as a whole, rather than individual projects.
Build, packaging and integration test code that depends upon official releases of the Apache Hadoop-related projects (HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Pig, ZooKeeper, etc...) is developed and released by this project. As bugs and other issues are found we expect these to be fixed upstream.
Apache Bigtop has several purposes.
- How-To (for bigtop users) of real clusters
- Bigtop 3.2.0 Release Jan. 2023
- Bigtop 3.1.1 Release Aug. 2022
- Bigtop 3.1.0 Release May. 2022
- Bigtop 3.0.1 Release Apr. 2022
- All releases
- Quickstart Guide - Using command line tools to build Bigtop from source.
- How to build and run Bigtop Sandbox (Experimental)
- How to build Bigtop from git repo - Read Quickstart Guide first.
- Older releases getting started documentation.
Overview of Bigtop 3.2.0 Support Matrix
Overview of Bigtop 3.1.1 Support Matrix
Overview of Bigtop 3.1.0 Support Matrix
Overview of Bigtop 3.0.1 Support Matrix
- How to build Bigtop-trunk: (development with toolchain, Docker images, etc.)
- How to build Bigtop-1.1
- How to build Bigtop-1.0
- Bigtop CI Setup Guide
Deployment and Integration Testing
For simple and easy testing of bigtop deployment and smoke tests, you can run Vagrant Provisioner or Docker Provisioner, which demonstrate round trip setup, testing of a bigtop distribution on different platforms.
Details are in the links below.
- Quickstart Guide: Bigtop Integration Test Framework 2.0
- Bigtop Provisioner User Guide
- Deploying Bigtop with Puppet
- Running integration, system, and package tests
- Writing integration and system tests
- Setting up Bigtop to run HBase system tests
- Next gen puppet deployment (discussions)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Slides from Bigtop presentations
- The Community goals of BigTop
- Social Media Guidelines
- How to release