Welcome to the home of the Apache Bigtop space!
The primary goal of Bigtop is to build a community around the packaging, deployment and interoperability testing of Hadoop-related projects. This includes testing at various levels (packaging, platform, runtime, upgrade, etc...) developed by a community with a focus on the system as a whole, rather than individual projects.
Build, packaging and integration test code that depends upon official releases of the Apache Hadoop-related projects (HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Pig, ZooKeeper, etc...) is developed and released by this project. As bugs and other issues are found we expect these to be fixed upstream.
Apache Bigtop has several purposes.
- How-To (for bigtop users) of real clusters
- How to install Bigtop 1.0.0 with Bigtop Provisioner
- How to install Bigtop 0.8.0 Hadoop on CentOS 6 with Puppet
- How to install Hadoop distribution from Bigtop 0.7.0
- How to install Hadoop distribution from Bigtop 0.6.0
- How to install Hadoop distribution from Bigtop 0.5.0
- How to install Hadoop distribution from Bigtop 0.4.0
- How to install Hadoop distribution from Bigtop 0.3.0
- Bigtop 1.0.0 Release
- Bigtop 1.1.0 Release
- How to build Bigtop-trunk: (development with toolchain, Docker images, etc.)
- How to build Bigtop-1.1
- How to build Bigtop-1.0
- Bigtop CI Setup Guide
Deployment and Integration Testing
For simple and easy testing of bigtop deployment and smoke tests, you can run vagrant-puppet-vm or vagrant-puppet-docker recipes inside of Our deploy Vagrant and Docker recipes. Which demonstrate round trip setup, testing of a bigtop distribution on different platforms..
Details are in the links below.
- Deploying Bigtop with Puppet
- Bigtop Provisioner User Guide
- Running integration, system, and package tests
- Writing integration and system tests
- Setting up Bigtop to run HBase system tests
- Next gen puppet deployment (discussions)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Component Inclusion Requirements
- Slides from Bigtop presentations
- The Community goals of BigTop
- Social Media Guidelines
- How to release